Dealing with facial trauma or an unbearable toothache? Seek immediate emergency dental services in Clarksville, IN. Our qualified team provides personalized solutions for any dental issue. Call Beechwood Dental at (812) 282-1773 for prompt advice and to book your emergency dentistry appointment.
What is considered emergency dentistry?
Even if you’re a cautious person, dental emergencies can occur. At Beechwood Dental, our patient Clarksville emergency dentists set aside for patients with sudden tooth pain, trauma, and other urgent dental care needs. Some emergency dental issues that require immediate attention include:
- Severe toothaches: Are you experiencing lingering tooth pain that cannot be relieved by over-the-counter pain medications? Discomfort is your body’s way of telling you something is wrong, which can be a sign of an infection or abscess. Prompt treatment can prevent the need for an emergency tooth extraction.
- Uncontrollable bleeding: If you accidentally cut your mouth or experience a collision that leaves your mouth bleeding, place clean gauze and light pressure on the wound to control bleeding. If the bleeding does not subside within 30 minutes, we strongly suggest seeking emergency dental services, calling our office, and asking someone to drive you to our Clarksville emergency dental clinic.
- Loose teeth: While it’s normal for young children’s teeth to loosen as their permanent teeth emerge, adult teeth should never feel loose. Whether you’ve experienced a recent fall, suffer from advanced periodontal disease, or have developed a bad habit of habitually grinding your teeth, loose adult teeth signify that you should visit our Clarksville emergency dentists as soon as possible.
- Broken or dislodged teeth: Whether a piece of your tooth or the entire thing has fallen out of your mouth, take the proper steps to preserve it. Cleaning and preserving the tooth in water (or a glass of milk) is essential. Also, address any swelling or discomfort with a cold compress and over-the-counter pain medication before meeting with our Clarksville emergency dentists.
- Broken, loose, or knocked out dental appliance: Our dentists can fix damaged dental crowns, bridges, and other restorative dental appliances if they do not fit properly or are knocked out of place.
What should I do if I experience a dental emergency?
Amid a dental emergency, a patient must remain level-headed and take prompt, smart actions to prevent further complications. To start, seek immediate assistance from our emergency dental team. But if that is not possible and you feel like your life is at stake, locate the nearest emergency room or urgent care center.
While waiting for help, you can alleviate your pain, reduce bleeding, and potentially minimize the damage. It is essential as a patient to be proactive and fully equipped with the knowledge of handling dental emergencies to ensure the best possible outcome for your oral health.
If you or a loved one is experiencing a dental emergency, contact us immediately. Beechwood Dental has plenty of experience treating major issues such as toothaches, chipped teeth, and lost fillings. We are always available to answer any questions you may have about your emergency dental needs. Our goal is to get you the treatment you need as soon as possible so that you can get back to your normal life.